Monday, March 28, 2011

Do Your Kids Ever Embarrass You?

Recently, I ran into an old coworker while out to lunch with my family. As I was saying hi to her Addie asked her, "Do you have babies?" (meaning do you have kids?) To which the some what larger lady replied, "No, I'm just really fat!" Obviously she thought Addie was asking her if she was pregnant. I immediatley felt so emabarrassed! I just sat there mortified by Addie and by the lady's comment. Addie on the other hand, looked at her confused by the answer and said to her, "Well, do you have brothers and sisters?" I then felt the need to explain to the woman Addie's previous question but you could tell that she totally didn't believe me and she very quickly made her exit out of the restaurant. My husband and I sat there just staring at eachother for a while and then finally he says, "AWKWARD!" We both just started busting up because that was the most awkward experience of my life!! Kids are embarrassing but they sure do make life fun!

1 comment:

Trav and Britt said...

that's so funny ingrid! ha ha! i'm sitting here laughing . . AND trying to think of who that might of been ;) aren't kids just great?!