Monday, June 15, 2009

Animal Sounds

This is just a quick tid bit about Addie and her animal sounds. She is getting better and better at speaking and it makes me so happy! Tonight as I put her to bed I read her a book that had animals in it and I totally bribed her to say the noises for me. It was so easy too. All I did was tell her she could have her binky once she said them all. I know I am a horrible mom, I swear I won't ever do it again! But she was so cute saying them all!

Here are some of the animal noises she knows:
Bear, Lion, and Dinosaur all say roar but a Tiger says Grrr. She also knows dog, duck, cat, lamb, cow,and frog. The Frog is the cutest because she says "Rob! Rob!" I know she knows other ones but those are the ones I was having her say tonight.

Some other fun things she really likes to say right now are: "Let's go!" and "Here you go." And now she says please and thank you while she signs them, instead of just the sign.

I also have been working on teaching her numbers and the parts of her body. She can kind of hold up her fingers for numbers 1-5 and her favorite part is to give a high five when you get to that number. She also knows all the parts of her face and her hands, feet, toes, and of course belly button!

She is at such a fun age right now! She is getting girlier and girlier by the day. Her new favorite thing to do every day is scream and squeal and run around the house when dad gets home. It makes Tommy's day when she does it. I just love my little girl!

PS Sorry that turned out to be longer than a tid bit. I just get so excited when Addie learns new things.

1 comment:

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Oh my gosh, I want one! And I don't mean just the car...Addie is so adorable in her new bug.